Last Updated: October 13, 2022
- The type of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website;
- How we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, disclosing and protecting your personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us.
The Canadian Trucking Alliance may collect, use or disclose your personal information with our provincial member associations, carriers, contributors and other third parties, including prospective employers, to send you information that you have agreed to receive including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that is important to the Canadian Trucking Alliance’s recruitment efforts.
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal information to others. However, in addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes.
- We may share personal information with our affiliates or any business partners or agents acting on our behalf or with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us.
- Subject to applicable regulations, we may disclose your personal information to a government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel.
CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
At any time you can contact us to: stop receiving e-mails from us; review the personal information held by us; withdraw your consent for our use and disclosure of your personal information; request a list of third parties to which we may have provided your personal information to and amend your personal information, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to use reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Users may find content on our Website that link to the websites and of our provincial member associations, carriers, contributors and other third parties, including prospective employers. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these websites, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interacting on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN ONLINE
This Website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us as set forth below.
The Canadian Trucking Alliance
555 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1H8